Author Topic: Princes Street Station  (Read 891 times)

codfather

  • Administrator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Princes Street Station
« on: January 25, 2019, 02:41:12 PM »
Princes Street Station was the largest station in Scotland when built. Part of the Caledonian Railway, it had 7 platforms and was the 3rd one built, which was opened in 1893.
The other 2 stations built were in 1848 a wooden structure and called Lothian Road Station. The second was built in 1870 but this was destroyed by fire.


This is a drawing of the station.

---


---

The station had upper levels added in 1903 and became "Princes Street Station Hotel".  When the station closed as a railway station in 1965 it was Called "The Caledonian Hotel later to become the "Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian".

---

PHOTO TO FOLLOW
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:53:51 AM by codfather »